We wrote to thank the Office for Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) for taking so many affirmative steps to continue to provide benefits and services while protecting health and safety, and shared a list of some additional measures which we recommend OTDA take to maximize social distancing and to ensure enhanced assistance to New Yorkers in need.
- Streamlining the Application Submission Process
- Eliminating the 45 day wait period for Safety Net Assistance
- Expedite application processing
- Suspension of and Moratorium on Sanctions
- Homeless individuals and families
- Emergency Assistance for personal care and hygiene
- SNAP Operations
- Child support and good cause
- Child support arrears and stimulus payments
- Treatment of federal stimulus benefits for Family Assistance households
- Treatment of federal stimulus benefits for SNAP households
- Burial Assistance
Many people who contact us seeking assistance with access to benefits are themselves sick with COVID-19, particularly on Long Island.
Read full letter here: Letter to OTDA – Public Benefits and COVID-19