//where i found error

Raising kids is expensive. Relief is here.

Do you have kids 17 or under living at home?

You may qualify for monthly payments of up to $300 per month, per child.

The IRS recently made changes to the Child Tax Credit. These changes mean parents or guardians can now get monthly payments of up to $300 per child under 6, and $250 for children 6 through 17.  Payments will be made from July through December 2021.

Call 585-900-1004 for help today!

Do I Qualify?

  • You don’t have to have income to qualify.
  • You must have a main home in the US for more than half the year, and have a qualifying child 17 or under at the end of 2021.
  • Your child must have a valid social security number.

What’s a main home? Your main home can be any location where you regularly live. Your main home may be your house, apartment, mobile home, shelter, temporary lodging, or other location and doesn’t need to be the same location throughout the year. You don’t need a permanent address to get these payments.

Does my income qualify?

You don’t have to have any income to qualify. Benefits phase out at income of $112,500 for those filing as head of households and at $150,000 for those married filing Joint returns or filing as a widow or widower.

What about my other benefits? This benefit is not considered income and will not affect other benefits, like Earned Income Tax Credit, Public Assistance, SNAP or Section 8 housing.

How do I get Payments?

If you filed taxes in 2020 or 2021, you don’t have to do anything – you should have received a letter in June from the IRS letting you know your payment.  The payments will start being deposited into your account automatically in July. If you haven’t had funds deposited into a bank account, you will receive a check at the address the IRS has on file.

We're Here to Help.
Call 585-900-1004 today!

Our trained staff and volunteers are standing by to help you manage

or get signed up for this benefit. 

Manage Payments

Use this tool to:

  • Check if you’re enrolled to receive payments
  • Unenroll to stop getting advance payments
  • Provide or update your bank account information for payments beginning in August


Submit Your Information

If you aren’t required to file a tax return and haven’t given the IRS your information already, you will need to give the IRS some basic information for the Child Tax Credit.

Multi-lingual interpretation available.
Multi-lingual interpretation available.

Visit the IRS website or Call CASH at 585-900-1004 for more detailed questions and answers about the child tax credit.

Want to share the word with others? Download this flyer available in 6 languages.

Project Partners

Funding Provided by